Thinking Particles scale over age

Post your RealFlow | Cinema 4D questions here.
gusgogus

Thinking Particles scale over age

Post by gusgogus » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:37 pm

Hi,

I tried to scale some cloned geometry over the particles lifespan but i'm not able to do this when using Realflow particles then converting them to Thinking Particles. It does not work even if I define a custom lifespan using a constant. I usually do this when i want to define the life in Xpresso when scaling over age.

Thanks!

tsn

Re: Thinking Particles scale over age

Post by tsn » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:40 am

Hi,

Any chance to see your setup so that we're able to trace back the problem? If you don't want to share your project or screenshots here in the forum you can also PM me. Thanks!
Thomas Schlick | Next Limit Technologies

gusgogus

Post by gusgogus » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:37 pm

Here go the files for my setup. I included a Thinking Particle only setup so that you can see how the Pscale over life works. Also, make sure to bake the mograph cache before you render the particles since the pscale does not work properly when using realflowC4D. You'll see what i mean when you render a frame without caching the mograph cloner.

Thanks for looking into this!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tsn

Post by tsn » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:49 am

Thanks for the scene. That was very helpful. It seems as if the TPs created by RF|C4D lack some information and I think that this is a general issue. But that's just an educated guess at the moment and I have to pass this to our developers. They have the tools to see what's going behind the scenes.

tsn

Post by tsn » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:33 pm

Good news! The particle data from RF|C4D will be available via Thinking Particles with our first service update. This way you'll be able to read out the age channel, for example, and use it to scale the particles. Currently, the problem is that the channel is being created, but not filled with the appropriate information.

Thanks for raising this issue and sorry for the inconvenience.

gusgogus

Post by gusgogus » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:05 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the update.