License question

Post your RealFlow | Cinema 4D questions here.
sneakyd

License question

Post by sneakyd » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:32 am

I just installed an SSD drive to use as my main OS drive so I've been working on installing all of my 3d applications again. I am trying to install the RDC4D plugin but I'm having a problem when it gets to licensing. When I enter my username, password, and activation (Node locked) key I get a prompt stating "Cannot validate license. Please click on the Help button to find out more about this problem." I still have my old hard drive with Windows on it so do I need to deactivate somehow? RF2015 worked without a problem though, just not the Cinema4d version.

LuisMiguel

Re: License question

Post by LuisMiguel » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:30 pm

Hey,

Make sure you have the license in ...Documents/realflow_cinema4d/license?. If the license is there, make sure that the host id you have in the license is matching with the host id in your machine. If you can, send me the license to check it out here.

luisM.

sneakyd

Post by sneakyd » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:47 pm

Yeah, I had it in the wrong folder! It seems to be working now. Thanks!

LuisMiguel

Post by LuisMiguel » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:19 pm

;)

luisM.

sneakyd

Post by sneakyd » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:56 pm

Well, back again with another question. Does RFC4D support R18? I am having the same issue licensing. The plugin still works with my R17 installation but when I try activating in R18 I get the "cannot activate license" message again. My hostid hasn't changed and I have the license file in the correct directory. I've tried running Cinema4d as administrator just in case but nothing seems to work.