Setting Frames per second

Post your RealFlow | Cinema 4D questions here.
J.King@derby.ac.uk

Setting Frames per second

Post by J.King@derby.ac.uk » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi guys, i'm having real issues setting the simulation frames per second when creating a project, in fact i'm not the only one, 6 of my students have had the exact same issue.

When i create a new project the first thing i do after setting my paths is to go to preferences, simulation, general and check my FPS. if im lucky and the last project i've worked with is at the correct FPS then its not a problem.... but it seems that if i want to change it, from say 30-60fps as soon as i press OK, the scene reverts back to the original fps settings?

can someone explain to me what the proper protocol is for setting your FPS... it seems that its really temperamental. sometimes it works.... sometimes it doesn't. i certainly have never succesfully changed my FPS after creating a simulation.

I need to give my students the definitive answer to this ASAP. of does it simply not matter what the FPS is? is it just important to have the right number of frames for my entire sequence?

JK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

J.King@derby.ac.uk

Re: Setting Frames per second

Post by J.King@derby.ac.uk » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:57 am

okay i worked it out, i was being dumb.... to change the frames per second, i needed to do it via the arrow next to the simulation button.

sometimes my brain is liquid.

atena
Site Admin

Re: Setting Frames per second

Post by atena » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:41 pm

Great you solved your issue. Please note that you have posted to the RealFlow|Cinema 4D forum you should have posted this to the general RealFlow forum.

Regards.
Angel Tena
Head of RealFlow Technology
Next Limit Technologies