Integrating c4d dynamics with realflow

Post your RealFlow | Cinema 4D questions here.
Eric Nixon 20170908153541

Re: Integrating c4d dynamics with realflow

Post by Eric Nixon 20170908153541 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:37 pm

I tried to mix 2 fluids (red and blue) to create the feedback connection in the fluid, barely worked :(
mixed fluids.png
But I think this works The dynamic cube you can see sitting on the yacht just crash landed and rolled, the shockwave is visible in the water;
yacht2.png
mixed fluid feedback loop yacht2.7z
you can delete/ignore those dyn shoe objects and core they do nothing.

cache: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwwAf ... zJjZTVQQWs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eric Nixon 20170909100332

Post by Eric Nixon 20170909100332 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:06 am

Actually that last file doesn't work :oops: back to the drawing board...

Have installed RF 2.0.1 now, will see how stable things are...

Thomas Schlick

Post by Thomas Schlick » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:31 am

I tried to mix 2 fluids (red and blue) to create the feedback connection in the fluid, barely worked
Did you check the fluid container's "Links" fields? Maybe the fluids aren't connected yet? Drag "Fluid" to "coll" abd vice versa to link the fluids. You should also check the "Links" of all daemons and collider tags involved to see if they're properly connected.

Then you're talking about many crashes. Is it better now with the 0040 version or do you still have these problems? Do you perhaps use the GPU with multi-fluid simulations? If yes, could you please try to simulate via the CPU only? I've also experienced lots of crashes with the GPU and different materials like water & foam, sand & water, etc. Since I've disabled the GPU for these kinds of simulations everything's much more stable. TFD seems to play a role as well, but here we only had trouble with multi-GPU systems and this is should be fixed with the 0040 patch.

Eric Nixon 20170913000530

Post by Eric Nixon 20170913000530 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:22 am

Hi, yes all the links were linked, I just meant the amount of dynamic feedback through fluids mixing was really feeble.

I've concluded that using the deformers (rigid,elastic) to integrated with c4d dynamics is just a horrible concept, it doesn't work.

I would say that RF 2.0.1 seems less stable overall, and yes I noticed less crashing using cpu mode. It is mostly the sim becoming unstable and crashing c4d because these feedback setups go really crazy when they're not working.

On a side note, today I noticed that its possible to attach dynamic geo to Rf particles without using the cloner, but using the particle-geometry object, performance is identical, I cant see an advantage either way, but its another option to consider, in case of a weird rig that cant handle a cloner?

Thomas Schlick

Post by Thomas Schlick » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Thanks for letting me know.

Your observations on stability match with my own experience and I also have the impression that the previous version (0037) was more stable. It also seems as if interacting fluids - esp. when you have different materials like granular and liquid - are not exactly good friends of the GPU. Same applies to all kinds of simulations where a filter daemon is involved. Whenever possible I disconnect the fluid containers and simulate everything on the CPU. I hope all these issues will be sorted out soon.