Increasing resolution without changing simulation

Post your RealFlow | Cinema 4D questions here.
Juan Garcia Segura

Increasing resolution without changing simulation

Post by Juan Garcia Segura » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:56 am

Hi!

I am looking for a way of increasing resolution without changing the behaviour of the simulation. Is it possible??

So far I simulate in low resolution, but when I increase the resolution parameter in the liquid it affects the whole physics. Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance.
78DEBE39-1D77-47E7-9BF4-1F5E941E3339.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Schlick

Re: Increasing resolution without changing simulation

Post by Thomas Schlick » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:56 am

No, you're not missing anything and didn't do anything wrong. Particles influence each other and that's why you get a different look when you work at different resolutions. The advantage, on the other hand, is that you'll get more details with higher particle counts.

Juan Garcia Segura

Post by Juan Garcia Segura » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Thanks for your answer Thomas, by the way your you tube videos on the matter are awesome :)

That means that there is no way of "upresing" a low resolution simulation right?
If I want to have a good resolution fluid for the mesher I´ll have to simulate from the beginning in high resolution so nothing changes, correct?

Thanks in advance,
Best
Juan

Thomas Schlick

Post by Thomas Schlick » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:54 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words Juan. Makes me really happy to read such a positive feedback.

Yes, you're right, upresing is not possible and you've nailed it already: working at the final resultion is certainly the best way to go.

Cheers,
Thomas

Juan Garcia Segura

Post by Juan Garcia Segura » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:42 am

All right, understood, thanks for your help Thomas.

Cheers!