Dripping from a spherical object

Post your RealFlow | Cinema 4D questions here.
Thanos Kagkalos

Dripping from a spherical object

Post by Thanos Kagkalos » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:03 pm

Hello again, i know forum is inactive but i have to ask what would be an initial setup of a dripping like the following (see images below). I dont want to have the emitter source pouring, i d like the paint to be already on the spherical object and just dripping to the sides. If anyone around let me know :) thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scott Frizzle

Re: Dripping from a spherical object

Post by Scott Frizzle » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:00 pm

Thanos, I think it's down to you and I on this forum. :)

Here's a file that I adapted from a caramel setup that I had done previously that approximates what you are looking for. It does have an emitter dripping the paint onto the sphere, but you can easily omit the first part of the animation, or create an initial state for the fluid. This file is a bit slow but starts looking like your samples around frame 130. You'll want to tweak it of course but hopefully this can be useful.
sphere drip 2.c4d.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanos Kagkalos

Post by Thanos Kagkalos » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:00 pm

Dear Scott, i cant thank u enough :) Whats going on in this forum really? Thomas was here replying daily and now complete silence for months. U mind if we connect on fb or something just in case? :)

Thomas Schlick

Post by Thomas Schlick » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Thomas was here replying daily and now complete silence for months.
The reason for my absence is simply that I got fired two months ago. At NL they have no need for someone like me anymore and now there's no one left to help customers with their questions :(

Thanos Kagkalos

Post by Thanos Kagkalos » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:58 pm

Oh, im so sorry to hear that... Very bad move on their behalf. There is literally 0 support now, even support cases take 10 days to reply with a "whats going on".
Thanks for all ur help so far Thomas. I wish ur doing well in ur new job, u ll be missed here.

Thanos Kagkalos

Post by Thanos Kagkalos » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:00 pm

This is so bad, i mean even the forum gives me a non secure warning to log in..

Thomas Schlick

Post by Thomas Schlick » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:19 am

Thank you so much for your kind words Thanos! I wish I had a new job already...

Scott Frizzle

Post by Scott Frizzle » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:29 pm

Thomas, I am very sorry to hear about this is well. I cannot imagine their reasoning as you have been such a great (and the only!) resource for users. This doesn't send a great message about the future of products like RF|C4D. I'd like to suggest something to you but it's probably not appropriate for this forum; I will follow up with a private message.

Forum Moderator

Post by Forum Moderator » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi Thanos,

About this "There is literally 0 support now, even support cases take 10 days to reply with a "whats going on". I think it is not true. We have asnwered your cases in very short time, around 24hours. or less including all mails you sent at the same time. So I don't understand pretty well about your comment by here. Anyway, about what your asking above, you would need to do a simulation with an emiter, using the volume mode for the emitter so the fluid can hit the sphere but without emitting more particles or animation the speed amission parameter. Also, you would need to create a surface tension modifier to apply a blob effect to the fluid. Next, you would need to simulate and create an initial state from the frame you want to start the simulation. Next, reset the scene and simulate from that initial state.

I hope it helps.

luisM.

Thanos Kagkalos

Post by Thanos Kagkalos » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:52 pm

Hi Louis,
While thats true in some cases, in some others is not. I have waited +week sometimes with most of answers from support "We dont have this behaviour here".
I have insisted very much and discovered some major bugs in this software, which if i wasnt that persistent u couldnt re produce em. And i wasted a good amount of months trying to understand why RF just crashes with my gpus in 3 different pcs, i had to format etc etc. So far, buying this product has given me 0 value cause instead of doing sims and learning i was trying not to crash. I could ve bought standalone instead to be absolute honest.

I appreciate ur personal effort nevertheless, but thats my overall opinion as a customer. Thanks