Meshes appear many meters from particles when built.

Post your RealFlow | Cinema 4D questions here.
Matt Latreille

Meshes appear many meters from particles when built.

Post by Matt Latreille » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:49 pm

Hello. When I build a mesh, it appears several meters from the simulation. I've had this problem for about a year now, and I simply move the mesh into correct alignment manually afterwards. I have some time at work to resolve this now, so I'd like your help in eliminating this annoyance. It happens in every simulation I do without exception (regardless of the scene). The problem isn't new. I recall the same thing happening when I tried a Realflow demo almost ten years ago. I've updated my version of Realflow to the latest, and I'm running Windows 10.

Christian Zuppinger

Re: Meshes appear many meters from particles when built.

Post by Christian Zuppinger » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi
I have seen this problem before here with the RFC4D on Apple. I wonder if it is related to moving around the emitter and something is not updated? Does this happen even if you leave all elements at the initial default position?

Matt Latreille

Post by Matt Latreille » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:24 pm

Hello. Yes, my scene is built at the origin. I'm not moving anything outside placing my emitter and resizing my k volume.

Christian Zuppinger

Post by Christian Zuppinger » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:18 am

Ok, I can replicate the following: when I move around the emitter and go back to the start of the timeline, then the particles and mesh form together, as they should. If I manually move around only the mesher object, then the mesh will form offset/shifted from the particles. This is odd, but on the other hand... is there any reason to re-locate the mesher object? If you move only the emitter, it seems to work fine.