Make a cube emitter rotate

Post your RealFlow | Cinema 4D questions here.
Thanos Kagkalos

Make a cube emitter rotate

Post by Thanos Kagkalos » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:12 pm

Hi, i know i have slim chances to get an answer here, but i ll give it a shot.
I have a cube of sugar that it falls on the ground. How can i make it rotate in the air? I tried all kinds of emitters and cant figure out a way.
I was hoping with object emitter that it could follow the objects rotation, but seems that it only uses it to emit once. If anyone has a solution to this i d be happy.
ty

Christian Zuppinger

Re: Make a cube emitter rotate

Post by Christian Zuppinger » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:36 am

Hi

I have not yet fully understood the project. Does the cube emit sugar while it is falling? Why does it have to be an emitter and not a rigid body?

Thanos Kagkalos

Post by Thanos Kagkalos » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:16 pm

Oh hi, so sorry never got a notification with ur reply!
Well this cube is consisted of grains that need to break on collisions and not a rigid body with fracture. So I cant give em an initial spin. Do i describe it correctly? cheers

Christian Zuppinger

Post by Christian Zuppinger » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:39 pm

Hi
no problem. Maybe it is possible to convert the particles from the first type (in the air as a block) to grain type just before the block makes the little explosion on the surface by a filter daemon depending on the position? I can try something later this week.

Thanos Kagkalos

Post by Thanos Kagkalos » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:29 pm

Would be lovely if u could help! cheers

Christian Zuppinger

Post by Christian Zuppinger » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:57 pm

Yeah, I had a look at that, but... it is not so easy to create a block of particles and set them in motion as one unit... If you animated a square emitter with volume, a rotational motion will not affect the block of particles or instead destroy the shape because forces (like vortex) act on the single particles, not as a block. If you encase the particles inside a cube, it moves, but it will not look like a solid.
Finally, I would recommend to cheat: make a simulation of a rigid body and give it the surface of grains in rendering. Then just in the moment when the cube hits the surface replace it with a cube (rectangular emitter with volume) of grains and simulate that impact in a second sim...