Accessing "Node Params"

tsn

Accessing "Node Params"

Post by tsn » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:25 am

This might be a noob question, but I couldn't find a solution so far...

I'm looking for a way to place parameters in the "Node Params" panel. By now, this only works for events-based plugins, for example, daemons. With "batch-style" plugins, I can only call a modal window - just like in Python - to make the settings. It'd be much more convenient, if a command would also have access to Node Params, but maybe I've missed something here.

At least it would be great if the modal window would be resized automatically to fit the entries and get rid of the scroll bars.

Thanks!
Thomas Schlick | Next Limit Technologies

atena
Site Admin

Re: Accessing "Node Params"

Post by atena » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:02 am

The only way to get user input for a command is through the "GUIFormDialog", I don't see very clear how this might fit with the "Node Params". And about the automatic resize I will add it to the improvements list.

Thank you.
Angel Tena
Head of RealFlow Technology
Next Limit Technologies

tsn

Post by tsn » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:11 am

Thank you Ángel.

Maybe my explanation wasn't very clear. The "problem" is exactly that the GUIFormDialog seems to be the only way to query certain values from a user with "batch-style" plugins. With plugin daemons, for example, you have access to the Node Params panel and can create a new section. A good example are Ole's plugins. There, all the necessary parameters are part of Node Params and they're not displayed in a modal window as we also know it from Python GUIs.

I hope it's a little clearer now.

atena
Site Admin

Post by atena » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Yes, for the daemon this can be done that way because the daemon is a node in the scene. In the case of a batch script is not a node so it doesn't make sense to put specific parameters in the node.
Angel Tena
Next Limit Technologies

tsn

Post by tsn » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:03 pm

Oh my god, of course I should have known that Node Params are only available with nodes. Sorry, but I've just overseen this. Anyway, thanks for your reply.

atena
Site Admin

Post by atena » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:30 am

No worries Thomas.
Angel Tena
Next Limit Technologies