Honey

frescalus

Honey

Post by frescalus » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:46 am

ok so this isn't quite WIP, more of a finished product, couldn't find a finished work section for some reason

https://vimeo.com/69933964

wouldn't you like to have this for breakfast?

CG_Nema

Re: Honey

Post by CG_Nema » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:25 am

Looks good really man! This isn't about the simulation, but the plate geo could be subdivided once to make it look less polygonal. The actual honey looks great though, so stable!

I'm curious how it works when you go over the maximum recommended substeps in realflow. It didnt look like a low framerate, so I'm assuming you got an error when you set it to min 750 and max 1000. Does it still work and improve stability?

Otuama

Post by Otuama » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:23 am

I'm curious how it works when you go over the maximum recommended substeps in realflow. It didnt look like a low framerate, so I'm assuming you got an error when you set it to min 750 and max 1000. Does it still work and improve stability?
You should ignore the messages Rf gives you about substeps being too high. Those are just Rf playing it safe. Use the substep values which work best for you. You should especially ignore those messages when simming viscous fluids as you often need high than Rf recommends.
Last edited by Otuama on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otuama - Vimeo
'Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.' - Gandhi

CG_Nema

Post by CG_Nema » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:58 am

Oh wow... all this time I could have had more stable viscous simulations... thanks so much for the heads up!

frescalus

Post by frescalus » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:23 pm

The odd thing about that one is, despite having extremely high substeps, the higher viscosity I was going (400+), it would "hold" up the fluid at the emitter, but I haven't played around yet too much with increasing speed or other attributes to solve that one.
As far as the plate, that was smoothed out in maya, not enough apparently, but seeing as I am having issues with RF not clipping right, I chose to stay with that plate.

EDIT: Ok, I just realized this forum is labled RealFlow Learning Edition...I have a license...my mistake, sorry guys =(

DeltaJuliet

Post by DeltaJuliet » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:24 pm

As long as you don't want to swap a scene or an .XML file with us, you can hang out with us poor LE users :P

Dave.