Re: Hybrido 2 Boat sim Wrong

Post by LuisMiguel » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:19 am

I like it! ;)

Looking forward to see it rendered. ;)

luisM.

dario.ortisi@gmail.com

Post by dario.ortisi@gmail.com » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:39 am

Thanks. Right now i have some trouble on how i use the velocity channel. Where i put the value? On mia_material? or in other channel. I know how to extract this value and in diffuse i have what i extract but it need on transparency slot?
Thanks

Ops. I'm talking about the mesh. :)

dario.ortisi@gmail.com

Post by dario.ortisi@gmail.com » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Hello. This is what i'm getting from mesh Hybrido at rendertime. I want little bit realistic but i'm wrong on filtering. Something from you guys, help me a lot. ;)
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dario.ortisi@gmail.com

Post by dario.ortisi@gmail.com » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:47 am

Hi there. I'm here. :) Someone have a idea on how to render particles with mental ray? I know mentalray very well, but on render particles i have no idea. I use rfrk as particles, but: i set on final gather or not? I need 3 light? Because is so slowwwwww. Any advice?

Cheers

FlorianK

Post by FlorianK » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:08 pm

Particles in Mental Ray..... :lol: You might try RFRK3 particler with MR...that could be a solution. I must admit I haven't used that one much. And do not use FG for particles, it will not have much of an effect (if any) and rendertimes will skyrocket.

You maybe should take a look into Krakatoa....

dario.ortisi@gmail.com

Post by dario.ortisi@gmail.com » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:39 pm

ahahah thamks FlorianK. I know is ridicolous. Anyway. Now i have a problem on apperance of Hy-Splash emitter. I don't like it. Some variance on the parameters? Can i set the splash in to Liquid or not to good?

Thanks

FlorianK

Post by FlorianK » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:18 pm

I've done some work with Splash, recently. I found neither dumb nor liquid produce really satisfying results. Also, Splash creation highly depends on the underlying amount of particles in the Hybrido liquid.

Wahtr I am doing is using FLIP for the Splashes, just take a look at Help > Demo Scenes > Graph > HyFLIP Splash. Then Ctrl + F2 and look at the Graphs, I found them to be rather self explanatory. You can easily adopt those to your scene.

This technique basically creates Splash particles using the integrated Splash container. Upon Creation, those particles are handed over to a new FLIP Hybrido Domain that does the advection. The original Splash particles are deleted.

In a second step, it is checked if the new (Hybrido) Splash particles get in touch with the original Doamin's surface. If so, they will be turned into foam (the same principle for as for the other sources of foam).

dario.ortisi@gmail.com

Post by dario.ortisi@gmail.com » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Ok. thanks, but how i manage the cache with this method. I run first domain as ever and after all? Or can i use the cached simulated?

dario.ortisi@gmail.com

Post by dario.ortisi@gmail.com » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:45 pm

This is the splash i have.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Really, i don't like it. Any advice?

FlorianK

Post by FlorianK » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:34 am

Hi, you might use the cached domain, no problem. The Splash you are having right now is the ugly stuff the standard Splash produces with Dumb particles.