Hybrido 2 Boat sim Wrong

dario.ortisi@gmail.com

Re: Hybrido 2 Boat sim Wrong

Post by dario.ortisi@gmail.com » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:49 am

FlorianK wrote:The Splash you are having right now is the ugly stuff the standard Splash produces with Dumb particles.
And is horrible. :) So let me understand the workflow. On graphs can i copy the various node? And i need to run some procedure to do it run?
Thanks

FlorianK

Post by FlorianK » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Just look into that examle, carefully. Best, recreate itr step- by step so you it might be easier for you to understand.

If set up correctly, you just run another sim as you would have done for Splash, anyway. You do not need to run some additional procedure, just have the graphs activated during simulation.

dario.ortisi@gmail.com

Post by dario.ortisi@gmail.com » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:41 pm

FlorianK wrote:just have the graphs activated during simulation.
Ok. i setup every input name output correctly. Now what do you mean about graphs activate during simulation? Is there on/off?
Thanks and sorry if i'm hard to understand.
This answer is because i don't see any messages during sim, that talk about the graphs node. And no particles created, for example splash particles not created and Hy-Domain is in cache.

Dario

FlorianK

Post by FlorianK » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:46 pm

The graphs need to be ticked on in Simulation Flow Window. In case you need some output, simulate in GUI mode.

EDIT:

Also make sure the Splash's boundary are inside the scope of the original Domain.
Last edited by FlorianK on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

tsn

Post by tsn » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:20 am

dario.ortisi@gmail.com wrote:And no particles created, for example splash particles not created and Hy-Domain is in cache.
Hi Dario,

I had a look at the method, Florian suggested, and I assume that one important thing is missing in your scene: you need a second domain to catch the splash particles. The idea is to "convert" HySPH particles into HyFLIP particles. This means that the splash particles are removed from the HY_Splash emitter and transferred to another HY_Domain that will finally do the fluid simulation part. As you can see in the demo scene, there are two domains as well. One holds the core fluid, the other one will get the splash particles.
Thomas Schlick | Next Limit Technologies

dario.ortisi@gmail.com

Post by dario.ortisi@gmail.com » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:23 am

Hi there.
I have been away from the forum for quite some time. As soon as I get a little time, get myself to work to render this scene animated. Unfortunately I do not have a fast pc and so hard to render this scene.

Dario