Hybrido 2 Boat sim Wrong

dario.ortisi@gmail.com

Hybrido 2 Boat sim Wrong

Post by dario.ortisi@gmail.com » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi there. I posted on unofficial realflow forum a Thread on my problem on realflow. I have an LE. I'll try to simuate a Boat and create the splash. Anyway, the problem is that my sim it wrong for my opinion. The Object inside the scene is for noow a rocket default. I connected all corrected. But for your opinion why the splash on Domain have an filamentous Aspect? What is the parameter that influence this appearance.? Thanks in advance.
And this is the Thread i posted
http://realflowforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=9397
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CG_Nema

Re: Hybrido 2 Boat sim Wrong

Post by CG_Nema » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:41 am

Maybe grid friction of the object? If that doesn't work vorticity boost of 2 or 3 might help. I'm not positive bit these are things to try.

dario.ortisi@gmail.com

Post by dario.ortisi@gmail.com » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:09 am

Thanks for the answer. I'll try your suggestion.
however they are now too many days that I'm trying. 2 week, 15 hours a day without finding a solution. I am looking in the guide but can not find enlightenment. Or am I stupid or is there something I missed out on the street. :(
:)

dario.ortisi@gmail.com

Post by dario.ortisi@gmail.com » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:07 pm

They're normal the statistics on the right like image No emitted no esistent

LuisMiguel

Post by LuisMiguel » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:39 am

Hey,

Could you send me the scene, including the geometry, to test?

I think it is a problem with the geometry, but I need to have a look at.

luisM.

dario.ortisi@gmail.com

Post by dario.ortisi@gmail.com » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:26 am

Thanks. This is the scene.
Anyway i've been notice that on default my LE not create HUB. So now i reinstalled. I'm use Windows 8, maybe this is the problem. bah

P.S. Celle size on scale option is sett to 0.700 but i set it to 0.3 everytime i sim. And also i sim not only with this object but wiwh capsule and all objects.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

atena
Site Admin

Post by atena » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:54 am

Hello,

The "filament" issue is because you are using a very limited value for the "MAX substeps" parameter inside the "Simulation options" window. You have just 1 step, and it seems that your yacht is traveling very fast. Just increase that value to something like, for instance, 10 and simulate again. Now it will take more time to simulate as you will be simulating more steps.

Before doing this I would highly recommend you to update to the latest version just released today where we have fixed also some issues related to interaction between fluids and objects. This new version is 7.0.1.0131.

I hope this helps.
Angel Tena
Head of RealFlow Technology
Next Limit Technologies

dario.ortisi@gmail.com

Post by dario.ortisi@gmail.com » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:21 pm

Oh thanks. I've download and installed, so now i'm start with the simulation and try with your suggestion. Really thanks.

dario.ortisi@gmail.com

Post by dario.ortisi@gmail.com » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:10 pm

So i try to increase substep max to 10 20 50 without great result and increas to 100, it's not the same as before, but the filamentous appear. So now i'll try to set substeps to 10 and reduce the boat speed. I hope ;)

dario.ortisi@gmail.com

Post by dario.ortisi@gmail.com » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:59 pm

Never. The only thing is reduce drastically the boat speed and increase substeps to 10 this seem to working. Anyway is so strange, because if a boat must go for strength to that speed what I do? Anyone?