Can't generate mist?

jujubee

Can't generate mist?

Post by jujubee » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:30 am

This maybe should go into the newbie corner but I'll try here anyway first since it's Hybrido mist I'm having trouble generating.

I've watched about a zillion videos on this, so I thought I was ready but-

Using RF 2013 LE

Created hybrido domain with hybrido emitters
Added hybrido domain with hybrido splash/foam,
Added hybrido mist- connected hybrido mist to both domain and to splash foam (the latter I connected using a hub)

Then I:
1) Set secondaries to inactive, and simulated main emitters, went fine, set to cache on domain, emitters I left active (not sure what is supposed to be done with emitters- should I cache those also? The videos I saw only cached the domain itself at this stage)

2) Set splash/foam to active, and left mist inactive - simulated- went fine, splash looked good, and I set the cache on splash/foam, and set the mist to active

3) Tried to simulate with mist active- but no mist was generated- I tried this several times, played around with the view settings to no avail.

Is this because I used splash/foam instead of just splash? Is that why the mist didn't generate?

I saw the gfc? files being created for the mist but they were all very very small files all the same size, so I think they didn't actually create the mist at all.

Thanks in advance for any help,

James

fip

Re: Can't generate mist?

Post by fip » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:55 am

I'm seeing the same result. no replies here -has this been addressed elsewhere? anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? thanks!