Hybrido double meshing

Zybrand

Hybrido double meshing

Post by Zybrand » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:19 pm

Hey guys, it's me with the meshes yet again.

Its the same scene from the post I made about the displacement but this is not a displacement problem so I made a new thread.

the hybrido mesh is a static block of water in the beginning of the sim, when I build the mesh with the default setting I get some artifacts at a certain height below the surface.
If I double the particle radius it actually build a seconded sheet of mesh below the top on.
And if I half the particle radius I get the same gap and some bubbly looking artifacts. I know I should not make it smaller than polygon size but I wanted to see what would happen.

Other settings on the mesh does not seem to affect this. So what is causing this to happen? My suspicion is that it is the difference between my Surface particle sampling and my core particle sampling, any ideas?

Thanks,
Z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CG_Nema

Re: Hybrido double meshing

Post by CG_Nema » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:51 am

Hey I have the same problem. I didn't change the surface or core sampling, but the "Sampling control" from the Domain node. It looks like messing with the sampling in any way can cause this. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this with their Hybrido meshes.