Which system to use for flooding

Frosty3d

Which system to use for flooding

Post by Frosty3d » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:46 am

I'm playing with a test scene - typical flooding corridor. (Realflow 2014)
I've had success using the traditional particles but I'm not sure how to add the splashes and foam I want for subsequent render in Maya.

Originally I started to use Hybrido but I struggled to get the blast of particles emitted to flood the corridor, no matter what emission speed I gave. I thought I could easily add the splash and foam with the new Hybrido system but as I can't get the volume of particles to emit and fill the corridor volume I went to the standard particle emitters. With a standard emitter (such as the square) I can get a consistent high flow of particles from the emitter which then fills the corridor volume. The downside is that I now don't know how to add additional particles to the standard system for foam and splashes as there isn't a standard emitter for these in the standard particle rollout.

If anyone could point me in the right direction - either improving the Hybrido emitter or how to add splash/foam on a standard particle setup I'd be grateful.

FlorianK

Re: Which system to use for flooding

Post by FlorianK » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:33 pm

Ok, you should be using the Hybrido system as this is suited better for the task you are after. From your description alone, it is impossible to guess what your actual problems with the setup were. Please try uploading some screenshots, also of your settings inside Realflow in order to show what is going on.