Copy/Import emitters

jboss

Copy/Import emitters

Post by jboss » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi,

I have created a bassin (cube-open-top) with a particle-based fluid and an initial state and now I'd like to use that same bassin in a different scene. Importing the bassin itself is no problem, I found that in the menu, but how can I import the emitter and it's initial state? I don't need the whole sequence, so the SPH Binary Loader or Container are not what I'm looking for, I just want to copy the emitter and the initial state. Also in the export settings I only see options to export the whole sequence.

Thanks,
Joost

FlorianK

Re: Copy/Import emitters

Post by FlorianK » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:41 pm

Open Export Central (F12). Make sure Emitter names in your new scene are matching the ones in the old scene. Then, point to the cache files or the initial state files from your old scene using Export Central.

jboss

Re: Copy/Import emitters

Post by jboss » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:16 pm

Thanks, sorry for the late reaction.

I tried this, but when I point to the particle cache (.bin) in the old scene and start a new simulation, the old bin files get overwritten.
And where in Export Central can I point to the initial state file for the emitter?

But your suggestion did point me in the right direction:
If I use the same name, I can simply copy the _initial_state.bin file from the old scene /initialState directory to the new scene /initialState directory and set the emitter to use an initial state.