Bubbles

jboss

Bubbles

Post by jboss » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:01 pm

After experimenting with regular fluids, I'd now like to try something with bubbles. I found quite some starting points, but they all lead to questions, so I hope there is some kind of mother of all bubbles tutorial :)

The pixelpro tutorial on Youtube looks great, but I can't figure out how to configure the two gravity deamons so that each only influences one of the emitters (fluid or bubbles).
There's another tutorial using an attractor and a limbo deamon, but that only shows bubbles in an empty scene, not in another fluid, which I expect would also be influenced by the attractor.

I also looked at the champagne scene in the resources, and I see that gravity there is reversed, so that is moving the bubbles up, but of course that only works if there is no other fluid in the scene, the champagne in the glass is a geometry, so the bubbbles don't interact with the surface of the champagne.

So I hope someone has some suggestions.

Thanks!

DeltaJuliet

Re: Bubbles

Post by DeltaJuliet » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi,

I am not an expert, but hope this helps -
If you are using RF2013 then gravity (or anything else) can be exclusively linked to objects etc Image
as you can see one gravity is up and one is down, but the fluids still interact with each other.

IF you are using an older version then (and this is from memory) you have 3 windows - the list of items in the scene/global links/exclusive links (something like that)
you delete the emitters from the global links and drag and drop the gravity's to each emitter in the exclusive links window.

hope that gets you started.

Dave.

jboss

Re: Bubbles

Post by jboss » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:14 pm

Ok, you connect them in the relationship editor, that's the trick.

Thanks!
Joost