Morphing A Logo

Bardipper

Morphing A Logo

Post by Bardipper » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:25 pm

I have been trying to get this logo (attached) to emerge from the water and have the water form the logo. My intention was then to drop the logo back into the water to become water again. I tried getting this effect using the Magic daemon with a particle emitter, but the particles don’t form the logo. They just fill the logo’s space. Can someone please give me an idea on how to proceed or point me to a similar tutorial? Any help would be appreciated?
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oldcode

Re: Morphing A Logo

Post by Oldcode » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:58 am

Bardipper

Post by Bardipper » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:08 pm

Thanks. Here's what I now have (attached). A couple of questions: 1) what can I do to get the mesh on the large object to become "holeless"? 2) Is it possible to get sharper edges on the bar and the handle like the logo?

The particles are not filling the objects. Rather, they are on the faces. Would I get better definition by filling the objects? If so, how would I do so? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oldcode

Post by Oldcode » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi,

I've not had a lot of experience with the Magic daemon, but based on what you've done, I'd try to increased the attraction to the dipper so more of the particles go there. Also, I'd increase your scene scale. This will mean using more particles to fill the volume, which will take longer to simulate, but will make the end shapes look better.

Another way is too use the Fill Object emitter which will fill up the geometry evenly. You could do some type of fade transition in your editing program.

Good Luck,

ben.fox@framestore.com

Post by ben.fox@framestore.com » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:41 pm

One other tip is to not try to do it all in one pass.
The final result should be something you composite together with elements.
Trying to make a single sim go from forming to hard edges would be insanely complicated and hard to direct.
Also, don't forget about reversing sims and elements. Start from a filled object and try different ways to make it un-form.
Then just play it in reverse and you have a forming sim.
Silly, I know, but could be worth a shot.