Setting up VS2008

FlorianK

Setting up VS2008

Post by FlorianK » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:16 pm

Hi,

Trying to recreate your graviton example in VS 2008, I always get the same output:

1>------ Build started: Project: graviton, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>Compiling...
1>graviton.cpp
1>.\src\graviton.cpp(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'rf_sdk/sdk/appmanager.h': No such file or directory
1>Build log was saved at "file://C:\Documents and Settings\(...)\rfPlugins\graviton\x64\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>graviton - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

- I set up the property sheets as described in the manual (Appendix A)...didn't help.
- I copied the rf_sdk directory, including all files and subfolders into my project directory...no success.
- I checked if RF5PATH was set up correctly as an environment variable. I found it is a system variable that's pointing to the right directory.

Do you have another idea where I might look/ what's going wrong?

FlorianK

Re: Setting up VS2008

Post by FlorianK » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:30 pm

ok, when I open the example project at its location as *.vsproj and build the x64 release, everything is running smoothly- but trying to build it from scratch results in the errors stated above.

atena
Site Admin

Re: Setting up VS2008

Post by atena » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:20 pm

I think in the "Additional Include Directories" of the project properties you are not including the two folders that you need to compile the plugin, or the path that you have is wrong.

"$(REALFLOW_PROJECT)\RFSdk/include"
"$(REALFLOW_PROJECT)\RFSdk/include/private_sdk"

Here REALFLOW_PROJECT is just the path where RF is installed.
Angel Tena
Head of RealFlow Technology
Next Limit Technologies