Feature Request

thebigmontagestudios

Feature Request

Post by thebigmontagestudios » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:08 am

Hi guys. I think it would be amazing and tremendously helpful if there was a way implemented to sort of 'catalog' meshing previews. In other words, similar to running test renders, you can catalog the images in the render viewers (I personally use RMS and IT) which in my opinion is awesome. You can with a click flip back and forth, compare the renders, do a side by side with a wipe function, etc.

As you well know :-), meshing can take up some time and the difference in polygon size by a small fraction can make a huge difference in your output. Often, by the time i make a tweak to my mesh settings, and mesh it, if i'm not staring at the screen when the mesh preview is done, i forget what the prior one looked like and you don't know how valuable the changes you made were.

In addition to that, perhaps a way to also catalog the time it took to mesh. I think this would be a tremendous help in making tweaks for final output, saving time, and being able to balance, hey, this change made this much of a difference in meshing time, but the visual value was or was not worth it. So in other words, it would be a 'render viewer' even though you're just meshing and not technically rendering.

The interactive mesher is great but I think this kind of functionality addition would really just take it to a whole other level and be extremely valuable; especially when because of the greatness of Realflow, we are all becoming able to work with larger and larger meshes (a little sucking up here can't hurt right? :-)