I have some questions about managing Realflow files.

chennn7

I have some questions about managing Realflow files.

Post by chennn7 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:45 am

Hello Everyone, I'm new in Realflow 2014, I have some questions :?: ,
1. Is it possible to avoid the Realflow 2014 to make project folder and the subfolders of the new .flw file when creating my new scenes ? Because I have my plan to manage my scene files and data files. I won’t need the Realflow create the folders automatically.
2. Is it possible to set the default path names of the folders which Realflow will create automatically when creating new projects ?
3. Is it possible to set the default path names of the folders in export centre when creating new projects ?
4. Is it possible to merge two scene of of Realflow 2014 into one scene of Realflow 2014 ? Or Is it possible to get the nodes(all kinds of nodes) from different Realflow scenes ?
5. Does Realflow have some global setting files such as .INI files like 3DSMAX.ini , plugin.ini ? So that I can change some default setting easily.
How can I manage to do these things above ?

gus
Site Admin

Re: I have some questions about managing Realflow files.

Post by gus » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Hi chennn7,

All you ask is perfectly doable using Python.
If you create a "startup.rfs" python script and place it in the RealFlow installation folder with your desired actions, it will run on start.
The '.ini' files you mention are our .xml commands, shelves, ...
The only issue you may have is if you are using the Learning Edition, since only in the standard version you can export/import .xml files, which will be the way you could merge scenes.
Regarding customizing folders, you can create your own shelf tools, either with python or graphs, and have your project setup at a click of a button.

g-)
...........Gus Sánchez-Pérez..........
RealFlow Product Manager
Next Limit Technologies