Morphing a flag from flowing particles

Bardipper

Morphing a flag from flowing particles

Post by Bardipper » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:00 am

Attached is a jpg which might be the initial step to morph an American flag. Could someone please give me some ideas for setting up the workflow to do this? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bardipper

Re: Morphing a flag from flowing particles

Post by Bardipper » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:45 pm

Doesn't anyone look at this forum?

gus
Site Admin

Post by gus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:50 pm

Bardipper wrote:Doesn't anyone look at this forum?
Hi there,

I guess there are people definitely looking. Sorry you caught us all hands on deck with the upcoming RF2015 version.
Not 100% sure on the effect you may be trying to achieve, but I would imagine that you are trying to somehow morph those emitters into the flag???
Do you need/want the colors not mixing at all on their way? If so, I would recommend splitting the sim in three different scenes, one for each color, so you have more control. You can load back the others with the binaryLoaders just to have the context, but work on each color individually.
Then I would probably try and guide those fluids with dspline forces into a geometry for each part of the flag with that color to collide with. Maybe even hack their way into the flag with some filter daemons...as soon as the fluid touches the desired color areas, move it to a container using a filter and this container behaves with a different set of controls to stick to the flag shape, etc...

That is all I can come up with right now, I hope it helps.

g-)
...........Gus Sánchez-Pérez..........
RealFlow Product Manager
Next Limit Technologies

Bardipper

Post by Bardipper » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Thanks, Gus. I finally got one color working with Magic and Filter daemons. I then tried doing the second color in series after the first, making the first color inactive when the second color started to morph. It didn't work. I'll work on 3 different scenes then bring them together. Thanks again.