My project keeps crashing with Dyverso...

gus
Site Admin

Re: My project keeps crashing with Dyverso...

Post by gus » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:08 am

Hi Nektarios,

I would also like to add that your sim(thinkin in terms of scale) could perfectly be done with Hybrido instead of Dyverso (which to me is better suited for small-medium scales), and you will have the extra power of having secondary elements(bubbles, foam, splash).

As a tip, combine your static geometry into a single object. That will also speed up your sims with Dyverso.

g-)
...........Gus Sánchez-Pérez..........
RealFlow Product Manager
Next Limit Technologies

nektarios

Post by nektarios » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:02 pm

Thank you guys for the tips!

I thought Dyverso was for medium scale? The statue is about 2 meters, and 930 frames took about 1.5 days -- unbelievably fast! Last year, when I tried it in Hybrido it took a whole week...

I want the most realistic looking water as it hits the statue, with great detail... With the settings suggested for Dyverso, not much splashing is generated when water hits the statue. What's the best for realism, Hybrido? Dyverso (SPH/PBD)?

Also, when I render it in Maya using mental ray, the water does not seem transparent at all, even though I use their bitfrost water material... It looks like the space is being filled by mercury... Maybe this is how it would look in the real world.... :-/

tsn

Post by tsn » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:14 am

If you're happy with Dyverso you can use it of course. Gus just wanted to offer an alternative, because of the splash, foam, and bubbles system.

Objects have a "DY Interaction factor" for controlling how strong the fluid-object interaction will turn out. In your case it might also be better to use lower or moderate "Ext pressure" settings. This will also help you to get more splashes.

With regards the lack of transparency in Maya my colleague Gus will be able to help you out. I'm on C4D ;)
Thomas Schlick | Next Limit Technologies

nektarios

Post by nektarios » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Great, thank you!

nektarios

Post by nektarios » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:37 pm

Btw, as I was simulating, it crashed again on frame 1059, but without enabling the GPU.