What's the unit of curvature in hybrido in Realflow 2014 ?

chennn7

What's the unit of curvature in hybrido in Realflow 2014 ?

Post by chennn7 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:57 pm

Hello Next limit,

I have a question about RF2014,

What's the unit of curvature in hybrido in Realflow 2014 ? Is it always "Meter^-1" ? Can I scale down the curvature unit to "centermeter ^-1 " ?
Can I change the hybrido system unit to such as "Centermeter per second" ?
RF 2014 Win7 X64 MAX2012 64bit 32GB ram dual X5680

Much thanks for your reply.

tsn

Re: What's the unit of curvature in hybrido in Realflow 2014

Post by tsn » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:22 am

RealFlow's curvature doesn't have a unit and accepts all values >= 0.
And no, it's not possible to change units in RF.
Thomas Schlick | Next Limit Technologies

chennn7

Post by chennn7 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:45 am

Some said that it is necessary to scale up my scene. Because I should make my scene larger than that in real world to get more accurate simulation in Realflow 2014.
For example, the close domain size is only 1 cubic meter. Should I scale up my scene to simulate my fluid in RF2014 ?
Much Much Thanks.

tsn

Post by tsn » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:26 pm

The domain is indeed very small for Hybrido simulations. Anyway, with a very small "Cell size" and particle sampling values (core and surface) of 3 or 4 you'll be able to get enough particles for a simulation. The question here is more fundamental: is there a certain reason why you want to use Hybrido for your project? Hybrido has been developed for large scales and for scenes like yours it might be better to use standard particles instead. With this particle type you'll have much more detail.

If you really want to use Hybrido, perhaps because of the splash and foam emitters, then it's indeed an option to work on higher scene scales. I recommend starting with a scale of 5. It might be necessary to make more adjustments on other scene elements, e.g. daemons, displacement waves, or objects. But you should start with default values and only make changes if you're not happy with the results or if the fluid is misbehaving.
Thomas Schlick | Next Limit Technologies