Object bouncing particles off

tombenson27

Re: Object bouncing particles off

Post by tombenson27 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:08 pm

tombenson27 wrote:
LuisMiguel wrote:Hey,

Are you using realFlow 2015?. The attractor daemon has a falloff to do what you want. Go to Daemon params and check on "Enable falloff" and "Display falloff". In addition, if you to the Displace tab and check on the "Show field", you'll see how the force is going to affect the fluid.

https://luismma.wordpress.com/2015/10/1 ... -realflow/

luisM.
Hi Luis,

Sorry about late reply, have been away. I know about the fallout for the attractor daemon, I am talking about the 'magic' daemon. Is there something similar I can apply to magic daemon that allows falloff. My objects are moving and I want particles attracting to the objects which is why I need to use magic instead of an attractor. Hope it makes sense.

Thanks,

Tom

I also have another question about the magic

here is my scene I am just using as a test. I have the magic on the object with 1 emitter. As you can see the particles are surrounding the object, is there any way I can get them to surround the object closer, as the particles are quite far away. I have played around with density but it didn't do too much really. I have also upped the magic attractor number but that's not the problem also. is there a way to make the particles more runnier to allow particles through other particles?

Thanks,

Tom

tombenson27

Post by tombenson27 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:08 pm

the picture is at the end of the simulation

LuisMiguel

Post by LuisMiguel » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:12 am

Hi,

Magic daemon is based on particles velocity and therefore the falloff can work for it yet as the falloff is only for daemons based on distance fields. Maybe you can put an Attractor with falloff and another Magic daemon. You would need to animate the Attractor the frame you want it is affecting the particles and the same for the Magic daemon.

I hope it helps.

luisM.