Object bouncing particles off

tombenson27

Object bouncing particles off

Post by tombenson27 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi all,

I am trying to create a simulation that particles are emitted and are attracted towards an object using the magic daemon. I want the particles to stick to the object that is attracting the particles so I am using sticky and fraction. However I seem to have a problem of when the particles hit the object, they aren't sticking but bouncing straight off wildly. I am unsure why.

Object:
bounce 0
friction 3
sticky 6

Magic on object:
approach 0.1
escape 10
nearest face
random with face: no

emitter:
resolution 0.003
density 500
speed 1

Any help would be great!

Best,

Tom

LuisMiguel

Re: Object bouncing particles off

Post by LuisMiguel » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:59 am

Hi Tom,

do you have the scene in any place to have a look?

luisM. ;)

tombenson27

Post by tombenson27 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:31 pm

LuisMiguel wrote:Hi Tom,

luisM. ;)

Hey Luis,

Sorted it, I changed the collision distance to 0 and collision tolerance to 0.

Many thanks for your reply however!

Best,

Tom

tombenson27

Post by tombenson27 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:53 pm

LuisMiguel wrote:Hi Tom,

luisM. ;)
Hi Luis,

Apparently I didn't sort it.

So this screen shot I have taken is from plan view, just simple emitter and object. I have taken magic off. as soon as the particles collide with the object, they bounce off wildy in a different direction. I have sticky on 10 and friction on 5. when I have friction on 0 and sticky on 0, the two would collide as how you expect, not a problem, but I want them to stick to the object.

When I change collision distance to 0 and distance tolerance to 0, the particles dont interact with the object!

No sure what to do.

Thanks,

Tom

LuisMiguel

Post by LuisMiguel » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:21 am

Hi,

Have you tried to increase the attractor daemon?. You can place the attractor inside the object and activate the collision between particles and object. Also you can increase the sticky parameter for the object. I would do another thing. With the attractor daemon inside the objects, I would place another Dyverso domain, and use a filter daemon to send the particles from one Dyverso domain to another one when the particle condition is colliding. So, if you have the sticky for your geometry and the second Dyverso domain is colliding against it, the fluid will have the sticky effect.

I hope it helps.

luisM.

tombenson27

Post by tombenson27 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:34 pm

LuisMiguel wrote:Hi,

Have you tried to increase the attractor daemon?. You can place the attractor inside the object and activate the collision between particles and object. Also you can increase the sticky parameter for the object. I would do another thing. With the attractor daemon inside the objects, I would place another Dyverso domain, and use a filter daemon to send the particles from one Dyverso domain to another one when the particle condition is colliding. So, if you have the sticky for your geometry and the second Dyverso domain is colliding against it, the fluid will have the sticky effect.

I hope it helps.

luisM.

Dear Luis,

Many thanks for your reply.

No luck as of yet. When I used a dyverso, the particles seemed to not work great with the object as they would end up inside the object somehow.

When I increase sticky and increase the attractor, the particles bounce out even more.

My aim is have an object, that attracts standard particles (using magic) that stick to the object when they hit the object (I have increased the sticky and friction). thats what I want to do, maybe I'm doing it the wrong way?

Regards,

Tom

LuisMiguel

Post by LuisMiguel » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:09 pm

Hey,

send the scene to see what is happening ;)

luisM.

tombenson27

Post by tombenson27 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:58 pm

LuisMiguel wrote:Hey,

send the scene to see what is happening ;)

luisM.
Hi Luis,

I managed to fix it, I just started again my scene from scratch and it worked.

However I have a new problem now.

I want to attract particles towards an object using the magic. But I dont want all particles affected. is there a 'fall off' like on the attractor that I can use with magic.

thanks,

tom

LuisMiguel

Post by LuisMiguel » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:00 pm

Hey,

Are you using realFlow 2015?. The attractor daemon has a falloff to do what you want. Go to Daemon params and check on "Enable falloff" and "Display falloff". In addition, if you to the Displace tab and check on the "Show field", you'll see how the force is going to affect the fluid.

https://luismma.wordpress.com/2015/10/1 ... -realflow/

luisM.

tombenson27

Post by tombenson27 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:12 am

LuisMiguel wrote:Hey,

Are you using realFlow 2015?. The attractor daemon has a falloff to do what you want. Go to Daemon params and check on "Enable falloff" and "Display falloff". In addition, if you to the Displace tab and check on the "Show field", you'll see how the force is going to affect the fluid.

https://luismma.wordpress.com/2015/10/1 ... -realflow/

luisM.
Hi Luis,

Sorry about late reply, have been away. I know about the fallout for the attractor daemon, I am talking about the 'magic' daemon. Is there something similar I can apply to magic daemon that allows falloff. My objects are moving and I want particles attracting to the objects which is why I need to use magic instead of an attractor. Hope it makes sense.

Thanks,

Tom