Realflow Connectivity, RFConnect 2015 for Maya.

thehellersix@comcast.net

Realflow Connectivity, RFConnect 2015 for Maya.

Post by thehellersix@comcast.net » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:39 am

A couple days ago, I downloaded the Realflow Connect 2015 for Maya 2015 connectivity plugin (on a Macintosh with OSX Yosimite). I am not sure where to place the RFConnect 2015 plugin file. I have tried placing it in: Macintosh HD/Users/Shared/Autodesk/Maya/2015/plug-ins, but when I opened Maya, there was no sign of the RFConnect plugin anywhere. I checked the Plug-in Prefrences within Maya and I couldnt find it there either. I am not sure If it's a matter of finding the correct location and drag-and-dropping the entire RFConnect2015 file into it, or if I have to open up the file and seperate it's contents to different locations.

christianz

Re: Realflow Connectivity, RFConnect 2015 for Maya.

Post by christianz » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:31 pm

That looks different for me when downloading RFconnect. Are you using the learning edition?
At least for the customer gateway download it looks like that: you get a (zipped) installer. The file ends as .pkg
Then, running the installer places the files automatically in the usual places in the Autodesk folders. After that you can add the plugin with the plugin manager inside Maya.

thehellersix@comcast.net

Re: Realflow Connectivity, RFConnect 2015 for Maya.

Post by thehellersix@comcast.net » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:38 am

Thank you so much christianz, I retried your way and it worked. I must have done it wrong the first time. You ended my stress!! :)