Please help with Realwave interacting with my object!

tsn

Re: Please help with Realwave interacting with my object!

Post by tsn » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:35 am

Thanks Brandon :D

What you could do to get better foam is to increase emission rate and curvature threshold. The threshold doesn't range between 0 and 1 anymore, but accepts any positive value. This way you'll be able to create "hotspots" with enough foam particles. The waves' motion will then spread the foam particles and form these typical patterns.

Start with a curvature threshold around 6 or 7 and low emission rates, just to see where these hotspots will be occurring and how the foam is distributing. Once you're happy, increase emission rate and do the final simulation. You can also try to preview these areas by following this guide:

http://support.nextlimit.com/display/rf ... h+and+Foam
Thomas Schlick | Next Limit Technologies

Billabong

Post by Billabong » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Thanks Thomas,

I'm going to try that now. I came in this morning and Command line was telling me the foam had an estimated 40 hrs to finish simulating.

-Brandon

Billabong

Post by Billabong » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:51 pm

Hey Thomas,

Can you explain to me, how I get a smoother mesh and have it not look so much like metaballs. Ive been going back and forth between the radius and polygon size with no luck.

Thanks

-Brandon

Billabong

Post by Billabong » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:58 pm

Nevermind, sorry about that. I used a HY_Mesher and its looking good now. The particle mesher was giving me some weird results.

Thanks

-Brandon

tsn

Post by tsn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:17 pm

No problem Brandon. Thanks for letting me know.

Billabong

Post by Billabong » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:56 pm

Hey Thomas,

Just wanted you to know the client loved the sim and now want me to do one hero wave crashing into and over the oil rig. Which I though is going to be a helluva lot easier then trying to create the ocean. Also going contact next limit and see about getting some nodes for simulation.
I couldn't have done this without you man. Thank you so much

-Brandon

tsn

Post by tsn » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi Brandon,

It's great to hear that your client is happy with the result and that you've met your deadline. That's really nice and I'm also happy that my suggestions were helpful. Please check your PM. I've sent you Martin van Stein's mail address. He's our marketing and sales manager.

Good luck with your next shot and if you need help again you know where to find me ;)

Best,
Thomas