Importing nCloth from Maya 2011 to RealFlow

m.feuer@verizon.net

Importing nCloth from Maya 2011 to RealFlow

Post by m.feuer@verizon.net » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:05 pm

I'm running Maya 2011. I have a scene with an animated nCloth (flag that drapes on different rigid bodies). I'm running RealFlow 2014 Learning edition. Previously when I was running RealFlow in the Demo version I was able to import the nCloth successfully from Maya into RealFlow. I can't seem to make it happen now. It's been quite a while since I successfully imported the nCloth in the Demo version and I don't remember the exact recipe for importing the animated nCloth. I've tried different settings and the nCloth comes into RealFlow either with no animation or it does not appear at all. I've played around with if for quite some time and I've had no luck. Is it because the Demo version supports animated nCloth and the Learning edition doesn't? If the Learning edition does support nCloth import, I would appreciate someone giving me a few clues as to how to go about it. I've tried importing the nCloth with nCache and without.

Thanks,

Matt

LuisMiguel

Re: Importing nCloth from Maya 2011 to RealFlow

Post by LuisMiguel » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi,

There is an bug in the plugin and importing the particles as n-cloth is not working properly. We are going to fix it asap ;)

It is not about the RealFlow version but the plugin version you were using.

luisM.