Meshing-node param-particle filters-core-splash

hmercado

Meshing-node param-particle filters-core-splash

Post by hmercado » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:59 am

Hello,

I was trying to mesh a dyverso sim with the particle mesh VDB using the options for the node parameters: core and splash, as stated in the documentation:
  • A value of 0.0 means that the entire fluid will be seen as the core fluid and you cannot observe any changes in comparison to the original simulation.
  • With increasing values the particle cloud will start shrinking, because more and more particles will be removed as they no longer belong to the core fluid.
  • 1.0 removes all particles.
but I noticed setting the core parameter to 0.00001 completely removes the mesh instead of just shrink a bit the particle cloud.
At first I thought it could be a problem with just dyverso, but as I ran some more test with the dyverso crown sample scene, standard particles as well as particle mesh and particle mesh VDB I can see the core parameter is behaving the same way.

I remember I experimented with those parameters in realflow 2014 and it behaved as expected shrinking or expanding the particle cloud but in 2015 I've had no good results so far.

Is there anything I could be missing?

Thanks.

rebusbakery@gmail.com

Re: Meshing-node param-particle filters-core-splash

Post by rebusbakery@gmail.com » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:44 pm

Bump!

Have had same troubles. Core and splash not working as expected... any info on what affects the settings, like scene scale or dyverso resolution or whatever, would be great.