Previews and their options

DragonsSpirit

Previews and their options

Post by DragonsSpirit » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi. I have a question about the preview functions...I need the output frames to be exactly 1024x576 frames or whatever other user defined resolution. How to do that? Since it is a screengrab method, I cannot really play around with the editor untill I randomly hit the exact resolution :( How to get this done? What is the resolution stetting in the preview preferences for?

again...is it even possible to work the way I think (define resolution, let realflow screen capture in THAT resolution) ?

If not, it would be so gr8 to have such a function asap. Id add a message in the wish-list section then.

cya

Alex
Site Admin

Re: Previews and their options

Post by Alex » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi,

preview resolution should really match what is set under preview preferences when choosing the Custom resolution option.

Furthermore, if you ultimately had to manually reside the viewport, you can configure preview caption to show the current resolution.
Alex Ribao
RealFlow Team
Next Limit Technologies

DragonsSpirit

Post by DragonsSpirit » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:56 am

hm...ok. Would you please tell me the steps to get what I need? :D I mean...I have defined the resolution in the preferences...how do I get my preview now? Because when I playback the simulation (and have preview export enabled in the export central settings) I will still not get the right output...I simply get the exact same format as in the editor view.

So how does this actually work?

thanks

BrianLooney

Post by BrianLooney » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:43 pm

From the Playback menu dropdown, choose Video Preview. :)

DragonsSpirit

Post by DragonsSpirit » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:36 pm

Finally worked...Feel a little stupid^^

thanks