Submitting a job to non-GUI nodes

alex@thecharactershop.com

Submitting a job to non-GUI nodes

Post by alex@thecharactershop.com » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:56 am

Hello all,

We are trying to get our simulation nodes installed but we're having trouble getting it working. I've looked through all the literature but it's not really helping so hopefully somebody here will know what to do!

What we have so far:

1 Floating License installed on a machine with RLM license server. This machine also has the 'Job Manager' installed - Machine A
1 Workstation with RealFlow succesfully accessing the floating license over the network - Machine B
1 Node Machine with RealFlow installed and the 'Job Node' installed - Machine C

Machine A and Machine C (Job Manager and Job Node) recognise each other okay, so when I go to the Job Manager web interface Machine C shows up as an available node. I think where the problem lies is that I can't figure out how to license Machine C (the node).

When I log in to RealFlow and generate a license file, the 5 nodes we have seem to use the same license file as the floating license (which is installed on Machine A) so I thought I would just install Real Flow, use the licensing wizard to point Machine C to Machine A to acquire the node license and that would be that, but when I do this it tells me RealFlow was unable to install a valid license. So either this is the incorrect procedure for licensing a node, or possibly the firewall is blocking things but I don't think it's this.

Either way, when we submit a job to the job manager it just sits there not doing anything, so obviously something it wrong, I just can't see how to fix it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here are a couple of screenshots:

Job Manager - As you can see the node is recognised by the Job Manager but the job just sits there

License Manager - The main floating license is being dished out without problems but the node licenses have yet to be accessed

License Download - As far as I can see there is only one license file to download

LuisMiguel

Re: Submitting a job to non-GUI nodes

Post by LuisMiguel » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:47 am

Hi Alex,

Have you checked that you have the port and manager ip in the RealFlow preference before sending the scene to the job manager?. Go to File>Preferences>Job Manager and check you have the ip for manager and the port is the same port that the Job Manager and Node you have. To check the node and manager port, open the job manager and any job node and go to File>Settings.

luisM.