Custom body does not interact with realwave-object splash

Rene

Custom body does not interact with realwave-object splash

Post by Rene » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:42 pm

When I've made a custom object and import it into realflow, the object will float on the realwave water, but the object splash does not generate particles. If I exchange the custom object for a Realflow-generated object (for example, a cube), it will interact properly/more realistic and generates particles.

how can I make my ship's hull generate particles? or should I use hybrido?

I just want to make my hull float on the water in realistic waves, generating splashes and foam, so I can render stills in Maxwell render with the entire ship model in place. shouldn't be too difficult/complicated, right?

tsn

Re: Custom body does not interact with realwave-object splas

Post by tsn » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Hello Rene,

Without information about your settings, the used wave type, and the ship model it's difficult to say why the splash emitter refuses to create particles. Maybe you can share some screenshots?

Hybrido is definitely a very good alternative, because you will get much more realistic secondaries. But here the problem is that Hybrido is not density-aware. This means that the ship has to be animated manually, because it won't float on top of the Hybrido particles.
Thomas Schlick | Next Limit Technologies

Rene

Post by Rene » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:47 pm

Thanks for your answer :)

I got it working, apparently Realwave is very sensitive to the quality of custom geometry you use. I'm using a rhino model of a ship hull (simplified and exported as .obj file).
It does import it without error, but it did not create particles while my settings and the circumstances were correct.

I took another ship, simplified that hull, reduced the number of polygons, and now it works like a charm!

tsn

Post by tsn » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:59 pm

Thanks for letting me know. Great to hear that you found a solution :D
Thomas Schlick | Next Limit Technologies