Wetmap Graph/Resources not signing in

thebigmontagestudios

Wetmap Graph/Resources not signing in

Post by thebigmontagestudios » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:47 pm

I have been trying to download the wetmap graph from Luis on the Resources center for two days. Every time i get to the sign in part, it just doesn't do anything. Please help

tsn

Re: Wetmap Graph/Resources not signing in

Post by tsn » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:10 pm

Did you succeed in downloading the graph? If not I can send you a dropbox link via PM. I've also seen that you don't know how to apply the graph. There's a video link with an explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... jU76APjWyk

This graph is the only possibility of creating wet maps from Hybrido particles.
Thomas Schlick | Next Limit Technologies

thebigmontagestudios

Post by thebigmontagestudios » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:19 pm

i have not been able to download the graph. I have seen the video you attached, but it didn't really say how to get the downloaded graph into a scene. That's what i need to figure out. It kinda just was already in the simulation flow graph when Luis opened the simulation flow layout

tsn

Post by tsn » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:58 am

Please check your PM ;)

thebigmontagestudios

Post by thebigmontagestudios » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:14 am

i did pm you back. I'm still not understanding how the whole thing works. So there are five graphs that i have to export out and then import in individually? and then go change all the nodes to scene specific? Gosh that sounds so crazy just to get a wetmap. is that really how i need to do it? Even at that, i tried doing that but didn't have any success. Is it possible for you to either write up a quick step by step for dummies or do a quick video or something? I really need to get this done but am struggling. thank you so much.

tsn

Post by tsn » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:43 pm

I've just seen your PM.

Let me see what I can do here, because I have to figure out how this graph works first. I didn't create the graph, never used it, and therefore I can't say too much about it.

I think there's another way to get wet-dry maps from Hybrido, but this method requires a lot of disk space. I have to try if it really works as supposed:

1. Export the Hybrido domain's BIN format during simulation
2. Create a new scene with a Binary Loader and import the BIN sequence.
3. Add your objects, activate wet-dry maps.
4. Disable the Binary Loader's export resources completely.
5. Simulate.

The maps should be created this way, but I'm not 100% sure if it really works. It's just an idea...

thebigmontagestudios

Post by thebigmontagestudios » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:59 pm

thanks for your efforts. I find it hard to believe that there's no easy way to do this. It seems like it should be relatively common no? If nothing else, sorta like a MEL script in Maya that you can save to a shelf and just create it and then plug in the scene specific objects. Hopefully 2016 will bring a cure.
I haven't tried your suggested way below. Disk space i'm not too concerned about. Where are you saying to activate wet-dry maps from? Gosh, i feel dumb lol. I know a lot about RF and have been using it for years, but i guess i'm getting into an area that i haven't tapped into before so please bear with me

tsn

Post by tsn » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:10 pm

Hi again,

Ok, I've found a good workaround for RF2015 that doesn't need graph or even the extra BINs. All you need is a 2nd scene with a Dyverso container. Are you on RF2015? If not you need the BINs.

I'll record a video for you by tomorrow.

Cheers,
Thomas

thebigmontagestudios

Post by thebigmontagestudios » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:12 pm

yes, i am on 2015. Thank you for your help. Definitely looking forward to the video!

tsn

Post by tsn » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:03 pm

Ok... Here's the video:

[ link has expired ]

I think this method has one big advantage: you're able to adjust the maps without having to re-simulate the Hybrido part when you want to apply changes to the maps' behaviour. I hope this is what you're looking for.

Cheers,
Thomas