Daredevil intro sim help

Gregory Stark

Daredevil intro sim help

Post by Gregory Stark » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:58 am

Hello everyone ! I am new to the forum and new to RealFlow. Happy to be here ^^

I started to learn Realflow and I start to make things more complicated now. (maybe too complicated lol)

I am looking to do the same effect as in the intro of Serie Marvel Daredevil . Or the liquid is deposited on objects.

Daredevil intro : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFYFh8w4758

My tests are inconclusive. The beginning of the sim goes well with my settings .

The liquid flows , but does not remain sufficiently attached to the object. I also do not get sufficiently thin liquid end.

I really set everything here :

Viscosity
Surface Tension
No bounce
distance collision
particle friction
Min/max step

+ Deamons : Sheeter
+ Deamons : k_isolated
+ Deamons : Gravity
+ Magic

If I do not put gravity, particles no longer advance after a moment.

Do you have any tips to help me move forward on my project or is there a technical or a tutorial ?

Thank you very much ! ^^

Greg

tsn

Re: Daredevil intro sim help

Post by tsn » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:00 pm

You're starting with a really huge challenge here and it's - sorry for that - nearly impossible to sort out everything by changing just a few parameters. The Daredevil project has been done by a team of 8 RF artists over 1 month and there are definitely some nuts to crack:

"We used directable velocity and developed custom fields to get the fluids to flow the way we needed them to."

A single part like the devil's face can certainly be achieved faster and maybe with less effort, but it takes lots of test simulations and patience. I'd start with a much bigger scene scale here, and maybe even variable viscosity and surface tension. Friction and sticky maps are also good to create zones of variable friction. You should also think about combining different layers of fluid or separate projects. There you can play with different viscosities, frictions, stickiness, etc. In the end you bring everything together in a new scene and mesh the various particle sources.
Thomas Schlick | Next Limit Technologies