RealWave is incoherent

rebusbakery@gmail.com

RealWave is incoherent

Post by rebusbakery@gmail.com » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:19 pm

Having real trouble with RealWave. Trying for simple (but realistic) wake form on Realwave surface but getting loads of grief.

First the big problem: After sim and cache of RealWave with only Ocean Statistical Spectrum driving it, the ocean surface loads once or twice, but thereafter refuses to load, returning the following "WARNING: The current cached data is incoherent for ... Data cache must be recreated." After that the RW surface stops loading the simmed data, making it useless and the time spent caching lost even though the data is still there on disk. (What would cause the cache to go bad? Does connecting daemons to the system break RW even though they do not effect it? Can the cached data be rescued by resetting something? I was in the process of hooking up a RW Object splash when this happens.)

The second more general problem. The RW polygon size is set to 0.1 to capture wave details but when running the boat object through the RW the wake generated is big, imprecise, capturing nowhere near the detail of the OSS contribution. Is there something in the Object Interaction wave deformer I can adjust to get a nice tight wake form?

And finally the client is asking for a more natural wake. I think they expect it to deform from turbulence and from the OSS waves. Any pointers on how that might be accomplished? They are insisting on RW so Hybrido is not an option.

Any info is welcome, but a solution or workaround for the first problem is critical. Thanks!

rebusbakery@gmail.com

Re: RealWave is incoherent

Post by rebusbakery@gmail.com » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:58 pm

The cache data is rendered incoherent when I connect a RW_ObjectSplash SPH node to the RW object. When I disconnect it the warning goes away. So that is good, but how do I connect the nodes in order to get my boat to emit waterline particles? I don't want to resim the RW surface, just reference it for the splash particles.

Nevermind. There is no need of connections between the RealWave and the RW Object Emitter in the graph! Much better now.

rebusbakery@gmail.com

Re: RealWave is incoherent

Post by rebusbakery@gmail.com » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:35 pm

So I have the RW Object Splash emitter hooked up and working, but I do not see any SPH - RW Particle Interaction options! Shouldn't they be on the RW_Object_Splash emitter? How do I control the particle behavior relative to the RW surface, like having them float or kill ones that go too deep?

On a side note, is there a way to emit from a RW Object Splash into a Dyverso Domain?