Pond surface

trilobite

Pond surface

Post by trilobite » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:23 am

Hi Realflow,

I'm quite new to this (which is why I'm posting here). I have a job that I need to tackle.

This is the job brief - a small crocodile (or similar) is moving slowly across a pond - eyes just above the surface - then it lunges and grabs at prey just out of the water on the bank - with splashes etc.

So I've begun a few initial tests using Hybrido to try and create the pond surface. I'm working on the assumption that this should give me the basic surface motion and then I would add additional detail using Hybrido Secondaries.

My initial results are very mixed to say the least. So my first question is whether or not the above workflow is the right choice for this job?

Best regards,

Trilobite.

trilobite

Re: Pond surface

Post by trilobite » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:27 am

Here to help?

Oldcode

Post by Oldcode » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:04 pm

Hi,

You might want to try posting on http://www.realflowforum.com/ instead. There's some good people there.

I don't have a lot of experience with Hybrido, but for the shots before hand where there's not a lot of movement of the croc, you might consider using Real Wave. It will be a lot faster and may give you the results you need and save a mess load of time.

Oh, and some pictures or clips of what you want to do and what you've done so far would be a big help.

Good Luck,

trilobite

Post by trilobite » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:52 pm

Thanks for getting back to me on that. I appreciate it.

I'll have a bit of a look at Realwave before descending any further into Hybrido.

I'll also take a look at the other forum you mention.

Cheers.