different prefix

rebusbakery@gmail.com

different prefix

Post by rebusbakery@gmail.com » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:17 pm

Is there a way to load a cache with a difference prefix name than what is currently set in "File Name Options..."

For example, I am generating a new Dyverso sim named "pool", it has the current prefix "t05_" so the rpc files look like "t05_pool_00001.rpc". Would like to compare it to the previous version, and since there is no binary loader for Dyverso, I want to create a DY domain and pull in the previous sim with the prefix "t04_" so I would want to tell Export Central to use "t04_pool" to pull in the cache.

There are other cases where it would be good to have different, or no, file prefix than what is currently set to sim.

There is a Name/Prefix field in Export Central but I do not see how to actually set the prefix.

rebusbakery@gmail.com

Re: different prefix

Post by rebusbakery@gmail.com » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:32 pm

So what I did was just clear the prefix and set the full path name in Export Central. Not a fix but it did let me load the previous sim and cache out a new one for comparison.

An option to ignore the prefix and take an explicit name would be useful for this situation. That way the current sim can still get versioned via the prefix, while previously made caches or whatever that do not have the current prefix could still be loaded.