RealWave Gravity push mode

blueWater

RealWave Gravity push mode

Post by blueWater » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 am

Hello,

I have been testing out the realwave ocean. And trying to get some interaction with a hull of a boat.
Currently I am having a couple of issues with the real wave.

1. I have attached a gravity daemon, in push underwater mode, parented to a hull in order to get the hull to propel forward. The gravity seems to have no effect on the hull. The hulls mass is set to 2,000,000 and the gravity strength has been set to 9.8, 1000, 500,000 and 1,500,000 with no effect. Maybe I am missing a connection somewhere in order to get this to work? After the sim the gravity seems to have made no parent connection with the hull. The gravity is placed at the last position of the hull on the last frame. But going back to the start of the timeline the gravity stays in place at the end frame position.

2. If I simulate a realwave with a custom object ( like a hull of a ship) and stop in the middle of the sim and scrub through the timeline, then go back to the last cached frame and restart the sim. The custom objects freak out and flips all over the place and eventually settles back down.

Am I wasting my time with this workflow? In the past I just make a realwave, sim it, and go into a 3D app and hand animate the objects moving through the ocean. Then go into RF5 and try to get some interaction with a resimulation of the wave and hand animated custom objects. It works for tight deadlines. But I want RF5 to do some of this stuff.

The scene size is to big to attach here. I'll post up the SD and RF5 scene when there is a place to send them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LuisMiguel

Re: RealWave Gravity push mode

Post by LuisMiguel » Mon May 09, 2011 2:39 pm

Hey Brad,

Could you tell me what scale you have in the scene?. Tell me the size for your boat. Keep in mind that every grid square in Rf is like 1 meter2.

luisM.