MultiServos - Documentation error and missing tutorials

Boa

MultiServos - Documentation error and missing tutorials

Post by Boa » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Hi all,
I currently reading about MultiServos in the docs. I think that there is an error on page 192. There it says:
"Please note that only active rigid bodies can act as “Rigids B”."
According to my tests it is just the opposite: In the "Rigids B" slot passive rigid bodies work whereas the servo is not created when the passive one in the "Rigid A" slot.

Also, I was hoping to see some tutorials on this topic since it is really complex. One or two less complex setups and maybe a "jumping fish" tutorial would be great.

-Andrea

FlorianK

Re: MultiServos - Documentation error and missing tutorials

Post by FlorianK » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:43 pm

Just my 2ct...

Servos!? - leave 'em alone.

It is an interesting concept but the implementation feels like an early pre- release state. The documentation is sloppy and it doesn't seem to work after all. Don't waste your time on that.

Boa

Re: MultiServos - Documentation error and missing tutorials

Post by Boa » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:30 pm

Thanks, Florian, for your comment.

You might be right - but at least for the promo materials Nextlimit got interesting stuff realized with Servos and the concept sounds interesting as you pointed out.

The "jumping fish" (in the docs and in an animation I've seen somewhere) caught my interest in Servos - I would like to know how this was setup.

Also, a car rig, being able to adopt to very bumpy routes, would be interesting to see in action (and setup).

- Andrea