MultiJoints not recreating after sim

blueWater

MultiJoints not recreating after sim

Post by blueWater » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:31 am

Hello,

I'm having trouble with the Multi Joints not recreating after a sim has cached out. The same behavior has happened after making 2 new projects and setups. The MJs work the first time around before caching. Then stop being created after the first sim. The scene is pretty simple. The idea is to drag some logs up a hill by a carriage.
I remember a tutorial saying there is a trick to get the multijoints to recreate. But I can't find that piece of the workflow in the tutorials now.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!!

LuisMiguel

Re: MultiJoints not recreating after sim

Post by LuisMiguel » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:05 am

Hey,

Is it for RealFlow 2012?. Do you have a scene to check here?

Thanks

luisM.

blueWater

Post by blueWater » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:40 pm

Hello Luis,

The version of RealFlow is 2012(6.0.2.0085)

The project file and sd file are attached.
The project file is the version after the MJs have stopped working.

Thanks!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blueWater

Post by blueWater » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi,

Wondering if any headway has been made with the multijoints problem.
Would it be better to send a scene like this into customer support for a faster response next time? Not trying to sound like a D bag. Just wondering for issues in the future I might come across with RF and a tight deadline.

Thanks!!

LuisMiguel

Post by LuisMiguel » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:22 am

Hey,

Sorry for delayer answer. The problem with the multijoints is you are attempting to join two passive objects. At least one of them must be an Active Rigid Body. I advice you to put the trunks to Active and recreate the joints again.

luisM.

blueWater

Post by blueWater » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:25 pm

That's weird.

I just opened the scene I sent you. The logs are active rigid bodies attached with multijoints to the locks, which are passive rigid bodies. I am not attempting to attach two passive objects with multijoints.

And why would I be able to sim out the logs being moved by the locks in the first place if both were passive rigid bodies.

I clearly was able to get the logs to move by the locks on the first pass using multijoints. Then the multijoints will not recreate any connections after the first sim.

The locks are parented to the carriage_temp_for_animation, both of which are passive rigid bodies. Is this what you are thinking is the problem? The multijoints are not being affected by the carriage_temp_for_animation.

The multijoints have the Objects A (Landing_Wood_A, active rigid body) and Objects B (tree_lock_a, passive rigid body) as a relationship.

Perhaps this information might help you out with the scene.

Thanks!!

LuisMiguel

Post by LuisMiguel » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:24 am

Hey,

Weird. When I open the scene you sent me they are passive. Anyway, the problem for this scene is the setup you are using to set the joints. First all, the scene is huge so the distance "2.0" you are putting is not enough to create the multijoint. I saw that each tree_lock is a passive and you want to joint each "Landing_Wood" with it. My advice is join them but in this way. You set as A object, the "Landing_Wood..." and the object B the "Terrain". Object B will be common for all Multijoints. Once you have set both objects, A and B, you should select as "Creation mode" the "At locators bbox centers", and select each tree_lock as @Locators for each Multijoint. In this way, the simulation will be better. I guees you want different Multijoint to set different forces for them.

I hope it helps.

luisM.