Magic Strength

oliphantscott

Magic Strength

Post by oliphantscott » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:19 am

I apologize in advance if I'm just missing it, but where is magic strength? I've got "affect, object, approach, escape, magic mode, random within face". 5.0.1.0152 Edu version. Thanks in advance
Scott

tsn

Re: Magic Strength

Post by tsn » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:51 am

You're absolutely right - the "Magic strength" parameter has gone. It's still in the manual and online help and I've got to remove it from there. Thanks for reporting this issue and sorry for the inconvenience.
Thomas Schlick | Next Limit Technologies

oliphantscott

Post by oliphantscott » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:30 pm

tsn wrote:You're absolutely right - the "Magic strength" parameter has gone. It's still in the manual and online help and I've got to remove it from there. Thanks for reporting this issue and sorry for the inconvenience.
hey TSN, thanks for the info! I thought I was just missing it! Any suggestions on how to help the magic daemon conform more tightly to the underlying geometry? It seems like magic strength used to help do this. I'm still fairly novice, so maybe there is a way to use an attract, or drag or some other daemon to help the magic daemon out
I appreciate it

tsn

Post by tsn » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:02 am

I'll ask why the "Magic strength" parameter has gone and if there's a chance to get it back. It's really a very helpful setting.

Unfortunately I'm not so familiar with the magic daemon, but you can, of course, use the drag force daemon in combination with magic to slow down the particles. Drag force is very effective and now works in XYZ direction, so you have much better control. Another way is the usage of the "Morph" plugin which comes with your RF5 package, though it's not available with the demo version.
Thomas Schlick | Next Limit Technologies

oliphantscott

Post by oliphantscott » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:35 pm

for what it's worth, upping the resolution of your fluid pulls the mesh closer to your object