RFRK5 cloud batch render issue

Post here anything related to RealFlow that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below
accumelator

RFRK5 cloud batch render issue

Post by accumelator » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:56 pm

Hello,

I seem to be unable to figure out how to properly batch render a cloud object.

When I render a single frame from within maya's renderview. the result looks proper, no issues.

When submitting this same scene as a batch render it results in only rendering a portion of the render.
(it looks like the content is only rendered within a 1x1x1 bounding box)

So how can I force batch to recognize the full bounding box size of the vdb files ?

side note: I do see one error in script
"failed to create a temporary copy of path-to-my-vdb-file(s) for delayed loading (IoError: failed to open temporary file \shpc.); will read directly from path-to-my-vdb-file(s) instead

side note: using MtoA as renderer

Thanks much !

LuisMiguel

Re: RFRK5 cloud batch render issue

Post by LuisMiguel » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Hey,

Do you have a simple scene with that problem?. It would be great to take a look at it

luisM.

accumelator

Post by accumelator » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:29 pm

Hey LuisMiguel,

The scene I am currently using is a bit heavy. I'll see if I can make a smaller test scene to show this issue.

fyi side note:
The error I decsribed seeing in maya script most likely is similar to what this link is talking about
https://forums.thinkboxsoftware.com/vie ... 2413b32c4a
(which is weird for me, because I have admin privileges on the machine I am using RF on)

second side note:
Is it normal that using the rfrk openvdb hybrido mesher does not display the mesh in maya viewport, but the regular hybdrido mesher does ?

Since I have you here now let me ask another question :)
How can I get access to the curvature/splashity data from an rpc/bin/prt particle file to use as data to e.g. change color value in an Arnold standard shader.
The route I use to do so for velocity works like a charm ("datacolor" to "vectorlenght magnitude" to "remap"), but that's likely because the velocity channel is already prestored in the particles, but curvature can only be calculated after meshing or do I need to calculate the particle normals for this channel to show up ?
Or should I attempt to graph it somehow in RF to a uv channel ?

accumelator

Post by accumelator » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:08 pm

Hey LuisM,

Let me clarify my additional question a bit better:

- basically I can easily use the velocity channel to color the openvdb mesh generated by the rfrk, buy calling the velocity channel in a aiuserdatacolor node.

- what I seem to be unable to get working is calling the curvature and/or splashity channel to color the openvdb mesh. I tried a few ways and I do not seem to get any data to use.

- what I am ultimately looking for is to be able to color the mesh based on the splashes/foam emission I can predict/display in realflow.

accumelator

Post by accumelator » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:49 am

Hey LuisM,

After a bit more testing this is what I found:

- (bug?) rfrk cloud issue still persists, still think it has to do with the "cannot write delayed temp file"

- (bug?) rfrk openvdb mesher and openvdb hybrido mesher does not calculate curvature/splashity/weights, however rfrk standard hybrid mesher does calculate curvature/splashity/weights

- (limitation?) when setting motionblur to use more then 2 frames (Arnold), rfrk tends to error out on random frames and stop rendering, which does not surprise me as that is a lot of memory to hold multiple frames of meshes, although looking at memory usage it does not seem to indicate as such. but yeah...Maya.....

LuisMiguel

Post by LuisMiguel » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:15 pm

Hey,

thanks for testing. We're going to check in depth what is happening here. I'll let you know.

luisM. ;)

accumelator

Post by accumelator » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:43 pm

Hey LuisM,

I made a Maya scene with an extraction of the vdb mist layer for your testing purposes.

Do you have an ftp/dropbox type I can post towards for you ?

Thanks !

accumelator

Post by accumelator » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:16 am

Any news ?

LuisMiguel

Post by LuisMiguel » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi,

no yet. Waiting answer for plugin developer. I'll let you know.

luisM.