Floating License Problem

Post here anything related to RealFlow that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below
mcrumble

Floating License Problem

Post by mcrumble » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Hello all. I have a server running RLM for RealFlow 2015 and RealFlow 10. Both versions work fine now. I had to use the latest version of RLM (10.1) in order for the license to work for RealFlow 10. When I start RealFlow 10 on my laptop the license wizard appears as I would expect it to. I select "I have a floating license already installed and running on an RLM license server. It them prompts for hostname and port. I am using the same hostname for both 2015 and 10 as well as the standard port of 5053. 2015 runs fine, but 10 states "Unable to install a valid license". I have added the host.lic file to 10 on the laptop as it is for 2015. I am using the same license server for both. When I call up the web interface for the RLM server I see both the realflow_license.lic and the realflow10_license.lic. I've stopped and restarted the license server. I've verified that I can connect to port 5053. There are no firewalls between the two. I even tried adding the reaflow10_license.lic to the rlm directory on the laptop to no avail. Any assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated. I also have opened a support case with NextLimit.

Alex
Site Admin

Re: Floating License Problem

Post by Alex » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi,

Do you have RealFlow 2015 running on the same computer where RealFlow 10 is not getting the license?

If it is so, go to your Documents/realflow/2015/license folder and copy the .lic file to Documents/realflow/10/license

In fact, the RealFlow 10 license should work for RealFlow 2015 and 10.

Best regards
Alex Ribao
RealFlow Team
Next Limit Technologies