Dyverso PBD -thin wall of particles

Post here anything related to RealFlow that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below
hmercado

Dyverso PBD -thin wall of particles

Post by hmercado » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:53 pm

Hello,
I have noticed that sometimes when filling an object the Dyverso PBD solver creates a thin wall on the sides of the object that will not go down and settle with the rest of the particles. Any idea on what is causing that behavior and how to solve it?
You can see in the image that most particles are forming a thin wall along the sides of the vase almost reaching the top while a small amount of particles settle down correctly. This does not happen if I switch the solver to SPH.
Dy-PBD-thin-wall.jpg

Another thing I came across is when transfering the Dyverso cache to Hybrido using the simulation flow graph to be able to generate Hybrido secondaries, the cache in Hybrido does not match.
hy-cache-mismatch.jpg
I think it was working ok before 10.1 Any idea on what could be causing this?
Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Forum Moderator

Re: Dyverso PBD -thin wall of particles

Post by Forum Moderator » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Hey,

It is because you need to adjust the isosurface for that geometry. If you select the geometry and activate the isosurface in the Display tab, you will see which is the distance field created for that geometry. Next, you will need to adjust the cell size and surface offset parameter to reduce that isosurface. keep in mind that the isosurface will be the surface where the fluid is going to collide.

About the second issue, it is not going to work pretty well due to how the distance fields are calculated for Hybrido. Try to get secondaries for Dyverso with this tutorial

https://vimeo.com/215176177

luisM.