RealFlow10: Aquired still does not seem to work...

Post here anything related to RealFlow that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below
FSchmidt

RealFlow10: Aquired still does not seem to work...

Post by FSchmidt » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:08 am

Hi there, we had the same problem in the previuos release of RealFlow and thought it would be probably fixed in RealFlow10. However, it does not look like it. Probably I am doing something wrong and someone could point me to how to do it correctly.
We have created a simple soft body simulation where a soft cube is deformed by a sphere that is dropping unto it. By setting "plasticity" to "yes", we obtain a permanent deformation of the resulting smashed cube. Then we tried to set the parameters so that only part of the deformation would be permanent (in a way, we wanted to behave the cube partly plastic, partly elastic). The relevant parameter for that should be the "aquired" subsetting of "plasticity" of the cube object. However, no matter how we choose this parameter (which we could vary between 0.001 and 1), ALL OF THE deformation was permanent. Are there any other conditions that have to be fulfilled to let this parameter work (e.g., mass of object, magnitude of deformation, gravity off...)?
Thanks for your help, FilippS

Forum Moderator

Re: RealFlow10: Aquired still does not seem to work...

Post by Forum Moderator » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:55 am

Hello Filipp,

Your right. That parameters is not working properly. We're going to have a look. Thanks for reporting.

luisM.

FSchmidt

Post by FSchmidt » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:55 am

Great, could you tell me when you fixed it? We would like to use it in our current project ;)

FSchmidt

Post by FSchmidt » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi, I have to make my last comment a little bit more specific to hopefully get a specific response. As we are planning to use the acquired functionality in an ongoing project, it would be very good to get some kind of estimate about the duration of the period after which the functionality will be fixed. I know that that is probably a difficult thing to ask for, but even quite vague estimates would help us a lot in planning our project (e.g., we could decide to switch to another simulation engine when absolutely necessary). Best, Filipp

Forum Moderator

Post by Forum Moderator » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:32 am

Hi Filipp,

I can't say a specific date when is going to be released a RF with bugs fixed. In your case, as the Acquire parameter is not working, the best option is to leave the Acquire parameter with the value you want, and play with the Threshold parameter you have abouve of it. The Threshold parameter should be working fine for what you need.

luisM.

FSchmidt

Post by FSchmidt » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:33 am

Hi Luis, thank you - I'll try to use the threshhold parameter instead!
All the best, Filipp