Dyverso retiming problem

Post here anything related to RealFlow that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below
David Curtis

Dyverso retiming problem

Post by David Curtis » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:29 pm

Hello. I'm a new user to Realflow having purchased the software 4 days ago. Absolutely loving it!

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious here but I'm having an issue with the retiming tool. I've watched several tutorials and am pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

My issue is that if I take a 100 frame simulation and retime to 500 frames, my new simulation isn't interpreting the new frames, so when I playback, or skip forward a frame in the interface, it only updates every 5 frames. It's as if all the tool has done is stretch the original sim out without doing anything to the inbetween frames. I've tried this with all of the interpolation methods in the retime window and also with both Dyverso and standard particles.

What am I missing here? Help!

Thanks, David

Thomas Schlick

Re: Dyverso retiming problem

Post by Thomas Schlick » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:23 am

You didn't do anything wrong. The problem is that the retimer is currently broken with Dyverso. There will be a new patch soon where this issue has been fixed.

David Curtis

Post by David Curtis » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Oh right, thanks for letting me know.

I've managed to get round it by converting to BIN files and retiming that way for now anyhow.

Thomas Schlick

Post by Thomas Schlick » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:26 am

Hi David,

A new patch has been released today with the Dyverso retiming issue fixed. You can download the new 10.1.2 from the customer portal.