Import RealFlow Particles in Autodesk 3ds Max

Post here anything related to RealFlow that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below
Dhruba Jyoti

Import RealFlow Particles in Autodesk 3ds Max

Post by Dhruba Jyoti » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:57 pm

Like there is an option to import RealFlow Particles in Autodesk Maya and mostly all the common Particle file extensions are supported. I would like to know if there is any option to do the same in Autodesk 3ds Max. Is it possible to import RealFlow Particles in Autodesk 3ds Max? If yes, then how? What are the file format supported?
If it's not directly supported then is there other ways to import like using some script or some third party plugins or like using alembic format?
Need some clarifications.

Thomas Schlick

Re: Import RealFlow Particles in Autodesk 3ds Max

Post by Thomas Schlick » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:21 am

You can download RFConnect | 3DS from the customer portal for free. The plugins' particle importer supports RPC and BIN files, the mesh loader only BIN.

Dhruba Jyoti

Post by Dhruba Jyoti » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:58 am

Hey! Thomas,
Thank you very much for the suggestion but I already tried that option. I have downloaded rfconnect-max-6.0.1.1 from customer portal but I don't see any option to import particles there in 3DS Max.
Are you sure about that? Is there any version limitation I mean which version of 3DS Max do I need to use in order to get those options you are saying?
Help me out here.

Thomas Schlick

Post by Thomas Schlick » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:36 am

Oh! I'm sorry about that and will ask our 3DS expert. In the meantime, could please post your 3DS version? Thanks and again sorry for the inconvenience.

Forum Moderator

Post by Forum Moderator » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:51 am

Hi,

If you have installed the plugin you will find a RealFlow option, in the geometry list called Realflow, where Standard Primitives is. There you have the option to create a Particle Loader and you will be able to import particles from it.

luisM.

Dhruba Jyoti

Post by Dhruba Jyoti » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:37 am

Thanks a lot mate!
You solved my problem. I should have explored about it earlier. I think the option I am talking about is available using rfconnect-max-6.0.1.1 in 3DS Max 2014 or afterwards.
Thank you very much.