Particels splits itself when it hits an object

Post here anything related to RealFlow that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below
Shinya Akasaki

Particels splits itself when it hits an object

Post by Shinya Akasaki » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:10 am

Im trying to make a metal type liquid explosion. I imported my mesh from 3dsMax using abc files and I notice that when my particle hits the object it splits itself because of this when I mesh my particles, it makes it look like it spawns meshes. All I want is the liquid to bonce or if it hits the floor it stays on the floor. How do I fix this?

Thomas Schlick

Re: Particels splits itself when it hits an object

Post by Thomas Schlick » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:47 am

I assume that you're talking about the creation of drops when the fluid hits the object. The fact that drops appear is normal though: the fluid has a certain velocity, and when it hits an object the particles are scattered and fly way in different directions.

If you want to stick the particles to the floor you have several options in the object's "Dyverso - Particles Interaction" panel: DY Friction, DY_Bounce, DY Sticky, and DY Roughness. Higher friction prevents the particles from flying away, DY Roughness also helps to make the particles stick on the object. There's a nice tip in the unoffcial forum explaining how to make particles rest on a surface:

http://www.realflowforum.com/viewtopic. ... ode#p54888

(@ Shinya: I've edited this post and removed the part about the k Speed's daemon's split option. It didn't make any sense here ;) )